- Auto-Owners Insurance Group Companies do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about their customers or former customers except as permitted by law. Our agents and company associates may have access to nonpublic personal information only for the purpose of providing our products or services to you. We are committed to keeping all personal data secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Data submitted at enrollment, as well as data contained in policies, bills, statements, payment instructions and payment history, will be transmitted and stored using a secure environment and handled in accordance with our privacy practices.
- If after enrollment you elect to view your billing and/or policy information electronically, you will receive e-mail notifications when your billing statement and/or policies are available for viewing.
- You will receive an e-mail notification when your Customer Center personal profile is changed.
- Access to the online billing service and policy view will be on a 24-hour/ 7-day basis. We will make every attempt to announce scheduled interruptions via our Web site. We cannot be held liable to any person or business for unexpected interruptions to the process and reserve the right to revert back to mailing your policy in paper.
- We may terminate this agreement at any time and without notice, and may deny you access to this Web site for any reason.
- You must provide specific information to enroll. You can update the information provided during enrollment at any time. You agree that all information you provide, now and into the future is current and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- You may not enroll for another person, supply information for any other person or business with the intent to impersonate that person or business, or use the email address and password of another person or business without such person's authorization.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- You are responsible for all applicable fees associated with your billing.
- You may terminate your use of the online billing service and/or, when available, policy view at any time by canceling the service.
- If after enrollment you elect to go paperless so that your account billing and/or policy documents are only available electronically, you are responsible for viewing or retrieving information about your insurance with us that is made electronically available to you through our site. You agree that information shall be considered delivered to you upon our transmission of an e-mail, to the address provided by you, notifying you of the availability of such information on our site. You will have the ability to view and print your policy documents online at no charge. In addition, you may also contact your agent to get a paper print out of your policy. We consider this election to be your consent that all notices may be sent electronically, including notice of nonrenewal and notice of cancelation. Therefore, you should be diligent in updating your e-mail address provided in the event that your e-mail should change. In the event there is a charge for this (not applicable in Florida), it shall not exceed $5.00 per policy request.
- You agree that any e-mail or electronic communication you initiate through our Web site, whether directed to us, or our independent insurance agencies, shall not have any binding effect on us or serve to automatically change or modify your insurance coverage with us.
- Operating System: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Mac OS; Internet browser software: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari; Access to an e-mail account that is capable of receiving e-mail messages. It is also recommended that your inbox has adequate message storage, and the ability to open a referenced link in an e-mail message; Adobe Reader 9 or higher is recommended to view documents.
- You agree to accept and receive by accessing our Web site all notices related to your enrollment and use of our online and electronic services, including but not limited to all Privacy and Financial Responsibility notices, and, if offered and elected by you, the electronic delivery of our insurance policies.